Friday, January 30, 2009

Chriatmas Eve and a Trip Home

December 24th, Christmas Eve!  I had a little bit of breakfast, but wasn't feeling like eating much. They were still trying to give me a Loritab along with the Toradol (switching each time) and the Loritab was still making me sick to my stomach.  I went for a short walk, and came back and got sick.  Pat showed up about noon, hoping to take me home, but that wasn't going to happen till I kept my food down, and was able to have a couple of good walks.  We both wanted to get home as soon as possible because a big snowstorm was due by evening.  The afternoon was spent trying to get myself to the point where I could go home.  Dr. Agarwal came in and signed my discharge, but with the stipulation that I was not getting sick when I went walking. 

My niece, Lisseth, and her family came to visit in the afternoon.  I also had a couple of visits from family groups who were singing Christmas carols for patients.  It really was special, and made me even more determined to get home for Christmas.  Finally, about 7:30pm, I was discharged to go home.  YEA!!!!!  

My daughter, Erin and her son, Colin were there when we arrived.  We talked them into staying overnight because the snowtorm was supposed to arrive before morning.  Besides, having Colin here to share Christmas with would be so much more fun.  My son, Mark also showed up, so we had most of our family with us.  I, of course, went straight to bed, and immediatly fell asleep. My daughter, Amy, woke me up about 11pm to strip the drains that were in me and give me some medicine.  Then I spent a very comfortable night in my own bed, and dreamed of sugarplums dancing in my head.       

No comments:

Post a Comment