Saturday, January 31, 2009

Merry Christmas - 2008!!

Christmas morning turned out to be  beautiful.  The storm that had been predicted had not arrived, the sky was clear, and the snow that was on the ground, sparkled in the sunshine.  Our Christmas tradition is to have brunch and then open gifts, but since Colin stayed over, Santa had found him, and there was a load of gifts under the tree for him. He couldn't wait till Amy's family arrived, so we had the first of the great gift rushes in the morning.  I felt pretty good.  In fact, I was surprised I didn't have any more pain than I had. I sat in the living room and enjoyed watching Colin open one surprise after another.  It was the beginning of a merry Christmas!

Amy and her family arrived about noon for brunch and the second great gift rush.  We had a yummy brunch, all handled by our children.  I just sat and watched, which is pretty difficult for me to do.  Pat's nephew, David, and his wife, Janna, showed up to enjoy brunch with us and of course help open gifts.  We had a very nice afternoon together.  About the time that I thought I needed to lie down and have a break, my niece, Lisseth, and her family showed up.  So, another round of Christmas cheer.  

Christmas night came, and we were all about to sit down and play a game of Saturday Night Live Trivial Pursuit, when the snowstorm, that had been predicted, showed up.  When it arrived, it arrived with a slam.  Amy and her family barely made it home, before the roads were bad. Mark tried to get back to Salt Lake City, but wound up turning around and coming back to our house.  He wound up leaving his car about a block away, because he couldn't get up the hill. Erin, Colin, and their dog, Scout, stayed, too.  So we had another houseful.

It was a wonderful Christmas, and the best part was that my surgery was over, the tumor had been removed, I was home, and feeling pretty dog-gone good, considering everything.  Needless to say, I slept very well Christmas night.    

No comments:

Post a Comment