Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Power of Prayer

I need to say something about all the prayers that have been asked in my behalf.  I have always believed in the power of prayer, and this experience has reconfirmed those beliefs a hundred fold.
My sweet niece Lisseth Turner and her daughter, Cristina, had my name placed on the prayer lists of all the LDS temples between Bountiful, Utah and SanDiego, California.  My dear friends, Jan and Jerry Burgess prayed for me with their Bible study group.  Becky and Mort Patterson had prayers given for my in their church, as did our friends Dave and Vanene McShane.  People from all over the country were praying for me, and I want you all to know what great strength they gave me, and still do. 

The night before my surgery, my home teachers from my LDS Ward, gave me a special blessing. Bishop Carl Webster offered the blessing, and Bishop Rick Britton assisted.  I felt so calm after that blessing and I knew everything was going to be all right.  

I think so much of the time in our lives we take things for granted, including our Father in Heaven and His importance to us.  Then when something like this happens, we become refocused on what is really important.  I'm so thankful for my beliefs and my faith.  My life would be far less meaningful without it.  

Thank you to all of you who have kept me in your thoughts and prayers. You're the very best family and friends a girl could have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment